This Month Challenge at Eclectic Ellapu is Life's a Beach theme. I planned to go with a fun card so I chose my cute whale stamp. For the sand embossed kraft card.Waves were cut out from cricut explore.Added glitter to the waves and colored the heart and the sun.Stamped the sentiment with Archival ink before embossing.
Tuesday, 12 July 2016
Here again.... I made this for the SCT blog challenge in June......theme Red, White and Blue......since that month was my hubby b'day I chose to do a Birthday Card for him.Cut out the shapes from the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Contemporary Squares Etched Die. Mix and Match the color of the Square. Sentiment from Fiskars Birthday Stamp Set. And also made a matching Envelope for the card.
This lady was created for Simply Create Too blog challenge for the month of April and the theme was Ladies Only. For the background embossed the black card with and embossing folder which was a free gift from a magazine.Rubbed white Gelatos on the top to give that pop up look.Matted it to the Pink Card.As for the lady and the rose... found the image online, cut it out with Cricut Explore.Added pearl and glitter to finish it off.
Hi Friends....its been quite some time I updated my blog....getting back from my vacation mode is the hard part,but I have lots of projects to share.
This is a carnival card made for Eclectic Ellapu card challenge.....the horse was cutout with my favorite cricut machine.Found these Alphabets tags in my stash and added them to a ribbon.Finished the card with pearls and glitter.
Thursday, 21 April 2016
I started the card with the lace stamp.With the help of stampholic I stamped the border of the card. Center frame cutout from Spellbinders Die. Flowers were made out of vellum using Heartfelt Creations stamp and die. Added half pearl sticker and dots at the base of the card.Mainly used purple and green as it was for the challenge at Simply create Too Blog.
Wednesday, 6 April 2016
Thursday, 31 March 2016
This post is for my crafty friend Dr.Sonia who is celebrating her 5 million page viewers.She encouraged me to try out resin .....at first I was very hesitant then I saw some her projects and decided to give it a try. Here we go...... tons of pics it might take time to load.
|2 Paper cups - one for measuring and bigger one for mixing.|
Made a marking on the small cup
for measuring the liquid so that I get the right quantity.
|I bought the resin at my local craft shop - Devi&co Bangalore|
I wrote how many parts to use on top of the bottle so that I won't forget.
|All the things needed for making resin embellishment.Keep some |
|Add 1 part of hardener till the mark,pour it very slowly so that no air |
bubbles are formed.Use a gloves its very sticky.
|Transfer the liquid to the bigger cup use the plastic spoon to |
scoop out the liquid.
|Next add 2 parts of resin|
|Mix both the liquids together very slowly for 5 mins...first it will |
look little cloudy then it will become clear
|I used the spoon to pour the resin into the molds....|
|Use toothpick to clear the bubbles|
|Leave it for 3 hrs....it will harden|
|Pop out the resin|
|I went overboard and made all these resin embellishment.|
|Added color to the heart and glitter to fairy|
|heyyyy no air bubbles...|
Projects with resin
Sunday, 20 March 2016
Thursday, 25 February 2016
I've been wanting to refurbish this piece of furniture for sometime.....this side table is one of the oldest furniture in my house, my hubby bought it when he was in college in US.....that's close to 18 years.
Cleaned the table with soap water and then did some light sanding just to the get rough surface. I dismantled the table so that it will be easier to paint.
I went with Folkart Home Decor Bavarian Chalk paint ( from thecraftshop.in). I had to give three coats to cover the base color, it dries super fast.
With the Monte Marte modelling paste and craftslane stencil ,I did the rose and left it to dry for 2 hours....colored it with chalk paint.
Thanks to Diana from dreamfactory for putting together the images from Graphics fairy. Printed them on Inkjet Waterslide decal paper. Arranged it on the table to see how it looks. Since I didn't have the decal solution ,I used Mod Podge for sticking the images.
Added a rub-on border to the sides.
To finish gave 3 coats of varnish, that sealed the decals to the table.