Tuesday 2 July 2013

3D Wall Hanging

Hi.....I'm back after a long long summer vacation.We went to meet our cousin and friends in US for a month ,then another trip to Malayasia with my brother's family. At last we ended our vacation with all of us going to a resort in Pondy .We all had an awesome 
time together.



When I went to US, I got lots of goodies like memory box dies, d-lite dies, stamps, embossing folders and many many more. So once I settled after holidays, I did some reorganizing to my craft room to make way for my new stuffs, that's when I found this canvas (6"x 8").

First for the background I played with the pearl paints just to get the desired effect.Once the paint dried added the flower stickers, then covered the entire surface with decoupage medium so that it gives a blended effect.

Next I cut out large window die ( cheerylynn) 4 times , glued it together to give the raised look. Each flowers were cut out from white cardstock , pressed with embossing folder , colored them with Tim holtz's distress inkpads to match the color of the background.  

Before creating the flower I embossed them with gold embossing powder.

Those butterflies are from Memory box, I added some glitter to give some sparkly look to the picture. Finished them off by adding some gold beads.


Dies used  are Memory box Vivenne butterfly, Pippi butterfly and darla butterfly. For the flowers Sizzix Tattered flowers, Sizzilits Tatered flower garland and Joycrafts flower 5.

6 comments:

  1. what a wonderful canvas. I understand lots of work has gone into it. I don't know a single die you mentioned, all greek and latin to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou kavitha.....it took sometime to finsih the canvas but i loved making each flower.These are steel dies used for cutting more intricate designs,they work well with the bigshot or cuttlebug machine.Try them out its very much fun.

      Delete
  2. Looks really pretty Anuja! :)
    That sounds like an awesome vacation indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks laavanya...after returning from US every alternate week we were travelling,it was an awesome vacation except for packing and unpacking :)

      Delete
  3. WOW such a work of art.Fabulous!!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete