Thursday 4 July 2013

Cake Decorating


I made this cake for my hubby's birthday. I'm used to making cakes but not icing them, this is my first attempt at cake decorating. My cousin showed me which tools to buy for dressing up the cake with rosettes , swirls and shell designs. I had to make everything from scratch, couple of days before the b'day I prepared the buttercream icing. Next day baked the cake and allowed the cake to cool for couple of hrs in the refridgerator. The hardest part for me was to level the icing on the top. Once its smooth and even , I added the border and the flowers.
After cutting the cake my elder kid took half of the cake to her school and had a mini party.


Recipe for Buttercream Icing
Unsalted Butter - 250gms
Icing Sugar - 250gms
Salt - a pinch

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks awesome Anuja... with your creativity am sure you can do many more elaborate cakes. No one can believe this is ur first attempt - it's done perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks laavanya....next I'm trying for whipped cream icing...if u have a recipe let me know

      Delete
  2. Hi Anuja, I also prefer the taste of whipped cream frosting... but I add a bit of cream cheese to it to make it more stable and easier to spread. I hear that you cream of tartar also helps (if you don't want to use cream cheese) - my recipe is here: http://cookerycorner.blogspot.com/2011/10/chocolate-butterfly-cake.html

    ReplyDelete